- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Clarion Group entity with which you are interacting as detailed above. For example, the Clarion Group entity organising the
event you are attending, or managing the website you are using. We will make it clear to you which entity this is;
- ‘the site’ means the Clarion website you are visiting or engaging with; and
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for our events or services or visiting our site.
2. How you can contact us:
Address: FAO the Data Protection Officer, Clarion Events, Bedford House, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London, SW63JW, United Kingdom.
3. Information we may collect about you
- Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events (whether as a delegate, exhibitor speaker or attendee) or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
- Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
- Information we receive from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us.For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
o We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
4. How we use information about you
|We use personal data to:||The purpose of this is:||The applicable legal basis:|
Provide you with information that
|We will need to use your contact
details to keep you updated
about the products or services
you have indicated you are
|By specifically requesting information
from us, you are consenting to us
using your personal data for the
purposes of communicating such
information to you.
|For general administration and
organisation of our events, for
example to contact you with
information about an event or
conference that you’re exhibiting
at, or attending.
Where you have registered to attend
|To keep in contact with you about
other similar events or services of
ours that may be of interest to
you, or for research purposes after
an event you have attended.
To keep you up to date on similar
It is our legitimate interest to keep you
|Pass on your contact details to our
logistics partners to enhance your
experience at an event you have
signed up to exhibit or sponsor at.
Where we need to share these details
In other circumstances, we have a legitimate interest to provide the
|To assess the activity of our
attendees at our events.
It is our legitimate interest to monitor
|Transfer your contact details to an
Exhibitor or Sponsor if they scan
your badge at one of our events.
The purposes for which exhibitors
When you hand your badge to an
|Analyse user traffic to measure
use of our websites and improve
We may use information such as
We have identified web analytics as a
|To comply with or abide by legal
obligations or requirements.
We may need to use or process
Where we need to process your data
You can find out more information on the privacy notice provided at the time you submit your data to us or in your contract with us (if applicable).
5. Who we might share your data with
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with:
- Other entities in the Clarion Group. Where the relevant Clarion Group entity is outside the EEA, we would only transfer data where an appropriate safeguard such as EU model clauses or Privacy Shield certification exists between the entities.
- Any other Clarion Group entity or selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes (such consent will be sought prior to our sharing of this data).
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the
functions of our websites.
7. Third Party Content, Sites, and Contributions
8. How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
9. Where we store your information
Where you are interacting with a Clarion entity located inside the EU, our servers are situated inside the European Economic Area (EEA) and all of the information that we collect about you will be stored on these servers.
10. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officers details are provided on Page 1 of this policy. You can ask us to provide the data in a commonly used, machine readable format, and where we are able to;
transmit this data to another organisation.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, to have that data corrected.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer to ask us to stop processing your data, or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer to request that we delete your personal data.
- To lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities if you believe we have not complied with any applicable data protection law. In the UK, the relevant authority is the Information Commissioners Office, you can find their details at www.ico.org.uk.